Thursday, October 1, 2009

on money...



The Forbes 400 list is out again... sigh.

I take little comfort in the fact that the richest people in the country are a little bit less rich this year, having taken a hit from the economy just like the rest of us.

But I do like to read about how they got so rich and I like to give the self-made millionaires some credit.

Like Bill Gates, college dropout and founder of Microsoft...

And Sam Walton of Wal-Mart (4 of his heirs are in the top 10) - how he started out as a J.C. Penney stock boy...

And the two youngsters, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, also college dropouts, who started Google in a friend's barn...

I don't begrudge any of them their money, they worked hard and provide services and goods that we all use every day.

In fact reading the list is a little bit inspiring, it can be done here in America, the proof is in the bank accounts of these folks.

I just have to remember that as I sit here day after day at my little desk… representing the peons of America, it can be done, it can be done...


spring