Monday, April 20, 2009

in stitches



My mom used to tell me...

You are not supposed to sew on Sunday, if you did you would have to pick the stitches out with your nose…


I can't remember the rest of it - was it when you got to in heaven? Doesn't sound like heaven… So I googled the phrase and found this:

Old wive's tale... for every stitch you sew on Sunday, you'll pick it out with your nose on Monday.


After cutting 720 - no wait I left some out - 864 pieces, got started on my latest project. It is fun to see all the different pieces representing past projects, like in the old days, old quilts, made from scraps of fabric used to clothe the family.

Melissa's frog curtains and blue curtains, Carrie's green cushion and dog pillow, Sarah's quilt backing and oriental room decor, crib bumpers for Sicilley, Kay's gingham dress, Racheal's Dorothy costume, t-shirt quilt border, placemats, lots of memories being sewn into this one.

Yeah, yeah, I sewed on Sunday, will let you know later how my nose is doing...

spring