Monday, August 4, 2008

Hey, why not?



When I put together this family calendar in December, I didn't know that August was the month that Carrie would be leaving us…

As I turned the calender on a new month, here she is pictured on her trip to Australia in 2007, where she met her bloke. I marked the 14th with Carrie's leaving :(

Even though she dropped some hints about moving... it didn't seem real, but things are happening fast now, reality is setting in, is this really happening?

Thursday was her last day of work, and she sent out an email message to all her friends and coworkers, giving them her new email address and sharing this quote:

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. ~Gilda Radner



Friday her airline ticket to Australia arrived via FedEx.

She is cleaning out her room, sorting out what to take and what to leave behind.

It is an exciting time and a sad time 'round here.

But as her new mantra states, "Hey, why not?"




3 comments:

June said...

There are times when life does seem surreal...in fact most times that I stop and watch it. This quote from Gilda is spot on! I must copy and save it...

Motherkitty said...

Mom, I feel for you. Your baby's leaving the nest and is traveling a long, long way from home. Thank goodness for email, cell phones, computers, and airplanes.

I can feel the heavy heart and the loneliness pangs all the way up here in Kentucky.

Your Carrie is going on the adventure of a lifetime, isn't she? Ah, to be young and brave, not like us old stick-in-the-muds. Keep us posted.

Kerri said...

Oh Susan, I feel for you. I know how hard it must be.
My Mother's heart was broken the first time I left, as a newlywed, and then again after we'd lived back in Oz for 3 and a half years and left again to come back here with our 3 kids.
But I know you're happy for her to follow her heart...even though it's taking her away from you.
Hugs, from someone who knows how far away Oz is :)