Thursday, August 7, 2008

better than chocolate

shhh... wait for it...




If you listen you will hear the big yellow bus rumbling up the mountain road, pause, start again, and then the sound that pierces the silence of the surrounding forest, YeeHaw! School has started back, finally! WooHoo! This of course from the moms on this long-awaited first day of school. The peace and quiet that will follow for the next 8 hours will be better than chocolate.

Our grandkids live next door and are very excited about school starting. More so about what clothes they will wear the first day and seeing their friends than anything else. This is a momentous year, no more grammar school for them! Sarah (14), starts high school today. Racheal (11) and Madison (10) both start middle school today. An exciting time in their lives, and for their parents, too!

I think I will open my window around 7 a.m. to see if I can hear the opening ceremonies begin.


5 comments:

Melissa said...

WooHoo!! 13 minutes to go!

~mom next door :)

June said...

And will you listen again later to hear the quiet? :-)

Kim West said...

20 minutes to go for my own "better than chocolate" moment.... counting down....

Beth said...

Oh if that is not ME! I was never shedding a tear at the bus stop! If you listen REAL closely, you MIGHT just be able to hear me in AZ on Monday morning. hehehehehehe!

About My Blog said...

Hahahaha! I love when school starts in the fall (even though my kids are grown). It's such an exciting time: getting new shoes, shopping for school supplies, getting the letters with your teacher and room assignment, calling friends to see if they're in the same class, and hearing the yellow school buses rumbling around the neighborhoods. I think it even beats the excitement of the last day of school. The only thing better, in my mind, is a wintry mornin when the radio announces that your district has declared a Snow Day!