Monday, May 5, 2008

no strings attached


Grandpa Buddy's workshop taken over by the girls.

Sarah, "I painted the wrong part, what do I do?"

Racheal learns to love the blue tape!



Quilting with fabric is not this easy and fun. No cutting, no strings attached. Diagonals match up perfectly with no stretching or warping. The squares lay nice and flat, no puckering up. If you make a mistake, just let it dry and paint over it tomorrow. Best of all, no seam ripper required!

Making progress on The Barn Quilt Project!

~photos 2 May 2008 at the shop


6 comments:

Pam said...

I've been watching for an update on the barn blocks....there lookin' good!

Good thing Grampa Buddy is playing nicely with the shop space '-)

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

June said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. It looks like so much fun that perhaps we'll try to do something like this on our shed.

Beth said...

This is fun watching the progress! I think I like the process as much as I will love the finished product! Gee...I want grandkids that like to paint! Think my husband will let me hand quilt boards on the side of my suburban house??? lolol

jellyhead said...

This all looks like great fun .... painting, chatting, laughing all together - and making some artwork in the process!

andsewitis Holly said...

What kind of wood are you using? These are looking fantastic. I want to make just one block to bolt into my fence facing out even though I'm right in the middle of the city. Sounds like I'm not the only one. Look what you have started - *hehe*.

Anonymous said...

Susan,

Love the barn squares, wanta do one for our little chicken house.

Donna