Thursday, January 31, 2008

don't blink



All together now - ahhhhh....

What a difference 7 years can make! Came across this photo of the grandkids in 2001, they look a little different now!


Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap
and you wake up and you're twenty-five
and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your better half
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you'll pray that God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink


Don't Blink, sung by Kenny Chesney
lyrics by Casey Beathard


6 comments:

June said...

It IS something, isn't it...how time goes! They've gone from cute to good looking. Our lives whiz by. It's always good to have a reminder to pay attention.

dot said...

They just grow up too fast!

janeywan said...

Love the dresses. I'd like to see the 7 year later photo.

Finn said...

Hi Susan, yup, it's me...LOL, better late than never I hope! I took a look at your vintage quilt, and I think you need a person who is seeing the fabric first hand. From the picture I can't be sure. With the flowers I was leaning towards thinking "hmmm 60's?"...but fabric is deceptive. It's just as possible it could be from the 30's. Do they ever do a Quilt History day anywhere near you? I know Helen Kelly that writes for Quilters Newsletter(MN lady *VBS*) has a small book on the market about dating fabric. I've not seen it, but maybe your library or interlibrary loan could get it for you.
Other than that, books with vintage quilts in them..maybe you can find similar fabric. I'm going to look in my vintage stuff and see if anything look similar. Thanks for stopping by, I think of you often, my writing friend, Hugs, Finn

jellyhead said...

Oh, yes, I feel like that about MY kids growing up so fast. Soon they'll be too heavy for me to pick up, to grown-up to want to sit on my lap..... I have to soak it all in now and take lots of photos so I can reminisce in years to come.

They are such adorable grandkids you have! (the 'then' and the 'now' photos)

Kerri said...

They're still just as cute as they were then...but in a more mature sort of way :) Looks like they love to have fun together.
Those dresses are adorable :)