Tuesday, October 9, 2007

picture this



Just look what you can do (click to enlarge) when playing around with your photos using the free program Picasa from Google! The above light show was created by adding highlights and shadows to this photo of dew on the grass:



And look at just one click of the button labeled "I'm feeling lucky" did for this fish swimming in the muddy Nottley River a few weeks ago:



Picasa also makes great collages and straightens up your crooked pictures! Thanks to photographer Judith for the recommendation.




8 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Hmmm, it seems I'll have to play some more with that option. I love what you've created. Thanks for sharing.

bluemountainmama said...

i've never tried 'picasa'... only photoshop. looks great! i like these programs b/c i can make up for my amateur skills with the camera! :)

June said...

Yikes, I'm having such a problem getting this comment posted! This is my 3rd try.

I think these photo editing programs are amazing and a lot of fun too. And of course, I'm grateful for their correction tools too.

Thanks for the heads up about my post being pictureless. It was late and I'm having connection issues. It just slipped my mind.

Ava said...

I use that program all of the time! It's great to work with.

doubleknot said...

Wow, I am for sure going to have to play around with Picasa. I use Adobe Photo shop a lot but it is not the big one just a small program.
Your pictures are really neat.

andsewitis Holly said...

I haven't tried picasa either. Looks like it could lead to a LOT of fun.

Sandy said...

I haven't downloaded Picasa but it looks interesting to play with. Love what you did with your pictures.

Kerri said...

I use Picasa a lot but haven't fiddled with the 'light show' thingy. I'll have to play a bit. Love what you did to your grass.
'The I'm feeling lucky' feature is a good one. Sometimes it's amazing the difference it makes.
What a great free program!