Friday, July 27, 2007

lasting decisions


Some questions to ask yourself:

After you die, do you want to be buried?

I have never wanted to be buried, to take up 6 feet of good earth, it seems like such a waste, and I remember that childhood song - The worms crawl in the worms crawl out, the worms play pinochle on your snout - wasn't that a fun song?

What about cremation? Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

It is a lot cheaper, according to our local funeral director - they send you down to the crematory in Atlanta in the back of the van, and the next week you return here in a little cardboard box via UPS!

Would you like to donate your body to science - and not just an organ donor?

I could be a medical school cadaver when I grow up… which reminds me of another song - the toe bone's connected to the foot bone…




Have you seen the Body Worlds Plastination exhibit?
Plastination - On the road again - touring with the anatomical show. That sounds like fun, my grandkids could come see me as I travel around.


We have actually decided to go the cremation route. We changed our wills, and were told to be sure to tell the family - because by the time the wills are read we might be 6 feet under. We have not yet specified what to do with the ashes, but if we don't hurry and do so, we might just end up like the pet goldfish - flushed.

So have you decided yet? Do you care one way or the other? Is it too weird to talk about? What will it be?

Decisions, decisions…

~photo Cartecay Cemetery, rural north Georgia

spring