Thursday, July 19, 2007

doll quilt


In April, it was interesting to read about a doll quilt swap going on at this blog. 28 folks participated, basically each making a small doll-size quilt and swapping it with others participating. The quilts designs were kept secret until each person received their swap in the mail.

It sounded like a lot of fun, and seeing all the pictures was really inspiring, so when the doll quilt swap II was announced I considered joining in. Within a week, there were nearly 100 applicants, and the swap was closed. But I was asked to participate in a one-on-one swap with a blog friend - Amy (a.k.a. Calico Cat).

I stressed over fabrics, patterns, design, and almost bailed a couple of times, but thought to myself - if you can't do this simple little project, how pitiful is that?

So I pieced and sewed and quilted and finished my lil' doll quilt and mailed it off to Amy. I can't wait to see what I get in return!

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

O.K. I really am going to apply the binding tonight. (Hopefully before hubby gets home to remind me about my homework & housework.)

jellyhead said...

It's really pretty Susan - your friend will LOVE it!

Will you show us the quilt you receive?

Ava said...

That is awesome! A quilt swap, huh? I've never heard of that before, but I bet it would be fun!

Have a great weekend.

janet said...

That is beautiful. Wish I could guilt, but I do crochet now. Self taught, believe it or not.

You might be interested in the Share a Square campaign over at Shelly's site, which you can find from my site. They are quick to make and she's really only asking for one or two from each person.

doubleknot said...

Very pretty quilt. You inspire me. I have been sewing shorts - couldn't find any to fit me - and have been agonizing over the scraps of cloth left. I thought of a quilt but feared it would be too big a project for me now. Guess it doesn't matter how long it takes and my one quilt needs a new layer on it.