Friday, September 15, 2006

kodachrome reflections


triplets


ripple effect


the view


To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass
is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug
.
~Helen Keller


The woods were made for the hunters of dreams,
The brooks for the fishers of song;
To the hunters who hunt for the gunless game
The streams and the woods belong.
~Sam Walter Foss


They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the worlds a sunny day, oh yeah
I got a nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama dont take my kodachrome away
~Kodachrome by Paul Simon

3 comments:

Kerri said...

That hiking trip you're looking forward to sounds like it'll be great fun. Lucky you!
Neat poetry. I love Simon and Garfunkel. And I LOVE my camera :)
These are wonderful pictures. Such bright beautiful flowers! And water and pine needles....always wonderful.

Motherkitty said...

Cool walk in the woods, beautiful birds, soft swishing of the leaves on the trees, burble of a burbling brook, gentle breeze on your face, flowers swaying, toadstools on a log, creepy-crawlies crawling about their daily business. What could be better than a walk with your sweetie and seeing all the sights and listening to the sounds.

Finn said...

Neat post Susan, I love the pictures, and the snippets of poetry and song really lend themselves well. As always, *VBS*, you've got a great "eye" for the little details in life. Hugs, Finn