Thursday, June 15, 2006

morning blessings




Early this morning the moonlight shone through clear mountain air onto my bedroom floor, lighting my way in the dark.

Now, through the open window in my office
creeps the cool morning air,
and along with it the early morning sounds of birds waking,
greeting the new day.

The beginning of another clear blue sky is just visible through the dark leaves, with the sunrise just touching the very tips of the treetops.

All is quiet, nothing to break the peacefulness of this moment.


Impression: Sunrise by Claude Monet

11 comments:

Dik said...

Genial Monet, it's my favourite artist!!

Motherkitty said...

Susan, you are a poet. And, you've described my favorite moment of the day, just before the sun rises, and before there's anyone else astir.

KCQuilter said...

Just beautiful.

Jeanne said...

I am a sky watcher too.
Hugs ~ Jeanne

LZ Blogger said...

I had no idea that was a Monet (well... at least until I read your comment in there). Afterword, I felt a little silly. I actually am a huge Monet fan and saw many, many, many of his works in the Muse'd'Orsey in Paris. His work is what lead to the term IMPRESSIONIST! Thanks for posting the poem too! ~ jb///

doubleknot said...

Thank you for putting your feelings into words for us to share.

Paige said...

Wonderful words to adorne the lovely painting.

jellyhead said...

Susan - you made me 'see' everything you described. I love starting my day with a visit to your uplifting blog!

Tammy said...

Beautiful Susan!
:-D

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Susan...you have such a way with words. It's like being there.

Finn said...

Hi Susan, sorry to be missing more than previously..I do love your writing..and today is a perfect example. You truly have a talent with words. Hope all is well in your corner of the world..*VBS* Hugs, Finn