Monday, May 8, 2006

tree house - phase II

Update on the treehouse.

Searching for more recycled lumber in piles behind the shop, cutting wall studs and rafters.

Building up 4' wide wall sections complete with windows and outside siding.

Painting wall sections 'Cracker Barrel brown' - really, boss, we just happened to have some paint left over from the last one we built…

Loading everything up and taking it to the site.

Unfortunately, that is when the rain set in. Maybe next weekend.

Long faces all around.

May 17 - tree house - done!.

6 comments:

jellyhead said...

Aw, what a shame it rained. Still, it looks like it will be an amazing treehouse when it's done.

Glacial Wanderer said...

Tree houses are awesome. I remember when my dad and I built a tree house when I was a wee little lad. Some great memories there. My favorite tree house was the one I built when I was a little older. I think it was my favorite because I used what I learned from building one with my dad to make one on my own. However I evidently didn't learn enough since it fell down during a big storm about two years after I build it. Of course the one my dad helped me build lasted way longer :)

TUFFENUF said...

looks like it will be the mansion of tree houses - pleas keep us posted.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Aah...to bad it rained...so many dampened spirits! Well, there's always next weekend or during the week. It looks like it's going to be a really nice one.

doubleknot said...

Wow from that load of lumber it looks like it is going to be a big one - watch out the kids may sublet it out.

John Cowart said...

Your project puts any tree fort we ever built to shame!