Wednesday, May 17, 2006

tree house - done!

























We started the tree house construction on April 22nd phase I.

Then worked in the shop on phase II.

This past Saturday, the weather finally cooperated, we recruited some help to lift the wall panels (thanks Keith & Melissa), and the tree house went together just like clockwork. Next up were the rafters, roof, trap door. Finally the permanent ladder was installed. Finished - woohoo! It is no longer just a tree house, it is The Tree House.

Everyone has their own interior wall to decorate (thank goodness there are only 4 grandkids). Aunt Carrie never had a treehouse growing up, so she has been invited to share. Kyle is recording the date of construction on the wall. There are plans for a sleepover Friday night - the last day of school.

VERY big smiles all around. Grandpa Buddy, you're the greatest!



A tree house, a free house,
A secret you and me house,
A high up in the leafy branches
Cozy as can be house.

A street house, a neat house,
Be sure and wipe your feet house
Is not my kind of house at all,
Let's go live in a tree house.


- The Tree House by Shel Silverstein

6 comments:

Aunt Carrie said...

Wow! Looks amazing! I'm so glad that this was built, because I know with our family it will stay with us for years to come. Kyle will probably being showing it to his grandkids one day. And yes, with Buddy building it, I'm sure it will stand the test of time that long! He really is a GREAT builder. I'm glad that he's finally got a SON that he can teach his skills to, even if it is his Grandson. Kyle, the only advise I can give you... Start Taking Notes Now!

KCQuilter said...

Be sure to read the Shel Silverstein poem, "A Tree House". a tree house, a tree house, a secret you and me house...

Looks great!!!

susan said...

KC - Thanks for the poem!

TUFFENUF said...

It is a wonderful tree house! I loved the slideshow, you should put it to music and save a copy for all the kids. What is the plan for the tree growth? I am sure he has a plan, as he is a very talented builder.

Alice said...

What a fantastic looking hideaway for the children. Well done, Buddy. I'm sure the children will spend many wonderful hours up there.

As a child I was given a book called "The House in the Oak Tree", about an English family whose children had a house in a tree in the forest. I wanted one so badly after reading that book.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

The Tree House looks great and was a really fun family project. Liked the poem or song and I especially liked all the pictures. You got the whole thing in pictures...that's really nice.