Monday, November 7, 2005

Sisters, daughters, friends

Here are my girls. I tend to talk about Melissa more, as she lives next door with the 4 kids and I get to hear on a daily basis all about the antics going on there.

Carrie is our youngest. She is a great friend, always thinking of her friends and what she can do for them. Two of her friends are pregnant right now. She takes Leann to her doctor appointments if she needs someone to go with her. She is trying to make sure Sicilley has enough supplies for her second child, and if not, she will find someone who wants to help out. (Hence the recent crib set I made). She has taken in stray animals, and along with her dog - Luda, keeps the vet busy taking care of them (sounds like her Aunt Kay). Whenever she wants to go out shopping or just to eat, she will call her sister and me to go with her. These times are precious, makes me feel like one of the girls.

Carrie values family and tradition. She will be the one to carry on some of the crafts that came from her grandmothers - she can sew, knit, cross-stitch. She loves jigsaw puzzles and keeps her dad busy making frames for them to hang on the wall. She keeps things forever, especially if they were handed down from a family member.

I am very proud of both of my daughters, and am glad they think of me as not just MOM but also as friend.

5 comments:

jellyhead said...

How lucky are you? - 2 daughters who are not only gorgeous on the outside, but beautiful souls as well.
I'd be proud, too.

(By the way, thanks for your comment on my recent post - I feel less inadequate to know that others have had kids-in-grocery-store disasters too!)

Melissa said...

Mornin' mom. Thanks for the blog. I don't know what I would do without you as a mom and a friend.

Carrie said...

Okay so after all the 7 AMer's have gotten out of the way... =)

Thanx mom! I'm so proud to have a mom like you!

And yeah yeah, Melissa may be the Survivor, but at least I know what to do with a needle and thead! ;)

doubleknot said...

What beautiful daughters you have not only in person but within themselves also.
I have one daughter who I am so proud of - she put her self through college and revcied her Masters a few years ago. She is always involved in her neigborhood and is responsible for getting a fenced in Dog Park going in her area. She has a very demanding job as a assitant librarian and public services at a college.
Back to your daughters you are so lucky to have two who have turned out well when it seems so many kids now adays just end up going down a wrong road.

Alice said...

Susan, thank you for 'sharing' your wonderful daughters with us. I hope you all enjoy this loving and happy relationship for many many years.