Saturday, November 5, 2005

Laundry Day

Is Saturday laundry day at your house? Are there a week's worth of clothes on your laundry room floor? Do you run to the laundry room when trying to get dressed because there are no clean clothes in your room?

A few years ago when I was between jobs I decided my laundry room needed fixin up, so I painted it with this mountain scene. I had been wanting to try a scene like this somewhere, and figured the laundry room was the one place no one else would see it if it turned out really bad.

If this scene is too peaceful, you should see my daughter's laundry room. She has a new house and when giving the tour, everyone comes around the corner into the laundry room and goes 'whoa!' Nothing dull at Melissa's house. The four children are in charge of their own laundry, I believe it is called the chaos theory. It seems to work for them, but don't drop by on a Saturday unexpected, or you will see the mountain of clean clothes in the living room floor and may even be recruited to help fold!

6 comments:

jellyhead said...

Hi Susan,

Cool idea for your laundry... so you paint as well as sew?!
Yes, we do lots of washing on the weekend, too. And I have to confess that our dining room table is actually where our clean washing goes to LIVE (we have a smaller kitchen table where we eat when we don't have visitors). We access our clothes more often from the dining room table than from our drawers. Do you dislike me now, think I am a slovenly woman?
I just HATE folding clothes!

Alice said...

No, we don't have a set day for laundry. Either whenever the clothes basket is full or it's a good day for drying

doubleknot said...

We don't have a set day for washing but it seems to fall on a Thursday pretty often. I will wash if my room mate gets the baskets to the washer. Then his clothes go in his basket - and he puts them away. My clothes go into my basket and I usually live out of it for a week. He does the stuff I can't do like cleaning the ceiling fans and moping the floor. All in all it is a nice arangement. I like your mountain scene - so much nicer to look at then a bare wall.

Melissa, the crazy mom of four. said...

Sunday is our actual cleaning day. Saturday is full of kids sporting events. We spend our Sunday preparing for the week ahead. Cleaning house, synchronizing schedules, recruiting Gramma Susan for whatever we may need her for. . .

susan said...

jelly,
No, I do not paint! I have been sewing all my life, but have only painted a few things. It falls under the category of seeing something and saying "I can do that." I remember painting a rainbow on my daughter's wall when she was small. And just this year I helped my daughter paint an ocean scene on my granddaughter's wall.

And, no I do not dislike you now, you have enough going on not to worry about folding clothes!

Seeing Anew said...

What a good idea! I wouldn't mind folding laundry with a view like that. I really miss the Appalachian Mountains of Pennsylvania. I've often been tempted to paint a view of them on my window or walls. :-)