Friday, July 11, 2014

sixty



Well, it finally happened, the big 6-0...

The day started off with a bang, well actually the ringing of the telephone - I thought it was a prank call that woke us up at 5:45 from the fire marshal… and we haven't even lit any birthday candles yet, but just some work stuff from the last job 2 time zones away, gee thanks!

and presents!

love the wrapping paper - blueprints from the last job

new way to listen to my eclectic play list: 
Mary Chapin Carpenter, Dr. House (Hugh Laurie), Alabama, the Monkees, James Taylor…

candy and flowers!

shopping!

Feeling the love through Facebook, most everyone was nice, there are always one or two…



some were well thought out :)  love this patchwork birthday wish:


and emails - "Enjoy your last day of being '50 something'!  Just couldn't resist!"  ~Sue

and phone calls - "Take advantage of your senior discounts, you now have entitlement!" ~Kay

birthday wishes from all the kids and grandkids, email, calls, and texts...


Funny, I don't feel any older, just another day? I do think about retirement more now. I looked at my Social Security statement the other day, it is pretty pitiful, so it looks like more work in my future:



Thanks everyone for the great birthday!

Oh and one more thing - a visit all the way from Georgia by Melissa - Surprise!



spring