Wednesday, November 6, 2013

pardon our dust

fall leaves and sunshine

reflections in quilting

wooden quilt squares

ceramic quilt magnets!

Just a few things from my kitchen stored away out of the dust of construction, is there a theme here?

I love the refrigerator magnets I just received in the mail from a friend in Ohio, actually the daughter of a friend. Thanks Chelsea! She is so sweet, she tells me on Facebook that she likes quilts because of me and sent me these magnets from her Etsy shop, Paisley and Burlap.

I thought of Chelsea and Julie and the whole family when I saw this:

You tell on yourself
By the friends you seek,
By the manner in which you speak;
By the way you employ your leisure time,
By the use you make of every dollar or dime.

You tell what you are
By the things you wear,
By the spirit by which your burdens you bear;
By the kind of things at which you laugh,
By the records you play on your phonograph.

You can tell what you are
By the way you talk,
By the manner in which you bear defeat;
By so simple a thing as what you eat,

By the books you choose from a well-defined shelf.
In these ways and more, you tell on yourself.
So there is really not a particle of sense
In your efforts to keep up your false pretense

 Author: Unknown

spring