Friday, August 9, 2013

busy work


keeping busy
with granma stuff
knitting and sewing

in between working
for a living, I am
practicing for retirement

getting my fiber fix
in 2 ounce batches
of soft cotton yarn

keeps my hands busy
away from keyboard and snacks
and housework 



I love this cattywampus dishcloth pattern, it is so much fun to make. By now I should have a big stack of these, but I keep giving them away!


knitted dishcloth

Size 7 or 8 needles
Cast on 3 stitches and knit one row. Increase one stitch at the center of each row until you have 7 stitches. 
Next rows: K3, YO, knit across. Repeat until you have 45-50 stitches on the needle.
Next rows: K2, K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit across until you only have 7 stitches remaining.
Decrease on stitch at the center of each row until you have 4 st.
Cut yarn and pull the tail through those 4 st with a crochet hook.

Split yarn and pull half through another st and tie the 2 ends in a double knot. Weave in ends.

pattern thanks to Wanda Henson of Exuberant Color


spring