Wednesday, September 8, 2010

short-listed



This photo is from our trip to Callaway Gardens back in the spring, and is posted on flickr, where it was found by the folks at Schmap, publisher of digital travel guides. The email I received said:

I am writing to let you know that one of your photos has been short-listed for inclusion in the twelfth edition of our Schmap Atlanta Guide, to be published late September 2010.


So this can be interpreted as - just cruising online photo websites for some local shots, need some pictures for our brochure, sending out emails to see if anyone will bite on letting us use their pictures for free...

Or I could just be flattered and not so cynical, what do you think?

6 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

I would consider it an honor. However, if they try to charge you for using it in their brochure, don't take the bait. That happened to me on one of my pups photos.

Eddie said...

I would grab it as an honor and run! But, your pictures are better than mine. I think I just lost my first comment post, not that it said much anyway.

Kermit said...

I think if you are going to do your own book and that is one of the picture's probably not. If not keep ownership anyway.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Well---what do you know about Schmap Atlanta Guide???? If they look legit, they probably are...

Gorgeous picture... Keep us posted...

Hugs,
Betsy

Carletta said...

It's a gorgeous shot and it's yours. My opinion is they should offer something and at the very least should you decide to let them include it is that they give you the credit for the shot in the guide with the picture.
As Kermit said, keep ownership.

The Calico Cat said...

Everyone loves a cynic - & that is a great photo!