Friday, September 10, 2010

just tote it


After all my bellyaching about Wal-Mart discontinuing fabric, I was pleasantly surprised recently when shopping with the granddaughters to find rows and rows of fabric, pre-cut and pre-packaged in 2 yard lengths, hanging on the wall on hooks. We also found these cute handbag kits, reversible, instructions and handles included. So of course the girls all had to pick out one for me to make!



I really like the different colors they picked out, the package said everything needed to make a purse was included:

Just Cut and Sew
Simple, easy to follow
instructions included.

Includes
2 fabric prints each measuring
27 in x 44 in
natural brown rope handles measuring 15 in
100% cotton fabric
thread not included




I opened up the packages to see what was inside and read the instructions and before I knew it I had made one! I know, I should have let the girls make their own bags. The instructions are fairly simple, even though a few minor details were missing, but improvising is one of the traits listed in the granma handbook.


spring