Wednesday, June 23, 2010

green tea



I found the health benefits of green tea listed here one morning whilst perusing Yahoo:

fat fighter
targets belly fat
keeps energy stable
may be helpful against lung cancer
may halt colorectal cancer
appears to cause prostate cancer cells to commit suicide
may prevent skin damage and wrinkling
kills free radicals
tastes good

I'll admit the name conjured up some not-so-appetizing images, but decided to try it - and guess what - it is not green at all, go figure.

I can use all those benefits listed (well except for the prostate cancer one) and it really does taste good. I admit I have a pitcher of lemonade at all times in the fridge and mix some into my glass of tea.

So I am going green - tea that is!



8 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a good idea! I never would have thought to mix it with lemonade.

Lainee said...

Regular tea mixed with lemonade is called an Arnold Palmer...what would you call green tea and lemonade?

Rose said...

I have had green tea I liked and I have had green tea that was so bitter it was nasty...depending on the brand.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I should have started drinking green tea long ago. I hope it's not too late to start.

Pam said...

I'm been drinking it for awhile now and found I like it sweetened with local orangeblossom honey.
Yummy :D

~Brenda said...

I have been enjoying green tea for several years; and I too add honey when I drink it hot. When cold,
I add lemon juice.

Tasty and healthy!

Motherkitty said...

Okay, you got me at the belly fat. I guess I will have to start drinking some of the green tea that's hiding in my cupboard!

Melissa Scott said...

I'll have to come up and taste it. I seem to always think of it as hot tea, which I do not like.