Saturday, March 7, 2009

in search of

Bento Box

When looking for ideas for quilts (or anything for that matter) you can't beat Google Images. I look at quilts and save the images to 'my favorites' folder to have a virtual album to look at when I am ready to start a new project.

I recently discovered a pattern called Bento Box by Tracy Brookshier.

So I went to Google Images and looked for pictures of the Bento Box quilt. I found a lot of different color schemes, and knew I wanted to make one.

The one pictured above especially caught my eye, so I followed the links back to the owner/quilter, Wanda Hanson, who featured her finished quilt on her blog Exuberant Color in this post dated December 31, 2008. Wanda has graciously given me permission to post a picture of her quilt here.


4 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

Well you just taught me something new. I have never searched in Google Images before. Wow there were a lot of bento box quilts! And I'm honored that you chose mine.

Jellyhead said...

It's gorgeous, isn't it?

The Calico Cat said...

This one is the one that I want to do. (If you look at when she posed the photo you can see how long this has been on my to do list...)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11712869@N00/1367478520/

Joann said...

I like the colors a lot, but the squares make my eyes go crazy. I'm not getting very far with my quilt top. I can see it in my mind, but I'v been unmotivated and sick for too long now. Maybe I can take up "recreational breathing" again soon and get some work done.