Friday, August 22, 2008

boomerang girl


boomerang: a kind of throwing stick that, when thrown correctly, travels in a curved path and returns to its point of origin


Like an Australian boomerang, Carrie left last week and returned this week.

Trading "hey why not" for "there's no place like home" may have been in her mind, but she had no ruby slippers to magically whisk her home, so she had to endure the 20+ hours in a plane, TWICE!

Speaking of appropriate phrases, let's don't forget "it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind".

Welcome home, Carrie!


4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

WOW... I hope all is well & that she can get her old job, etc.

Jellyhead said...

I hope Carrie is OK.

I know you'll be there for her in any case.

Joann said...

Life is a journey. She'll have learned something from this. Maybe not a lesson she wanted, but she'll learn something. Hold her close and love her. It took courage to abandon a dream and risk the possibility of "I told you so."

Smart young woman to know where her values are. I learned that lesson in my 50's. Family is where my heart is, and hom is wher emy family is. I didn't figure that out until I applied for a job far from family and looked into the possibility of moving.

Kerri said...

Just catching up, and I see your boomerang girl is home again. Sometimes things don't work out the way we thought they would. Carrie's a brave girl to follow her heart, and even braver to decide that wasn't what she wanted.
That plane trip is a bear! Better than it used to be when the planes traveled via Hawaii, but still a very long time to be in the air.