Friday, July 11, 2008

a good life all in all



Another birthay is here, I am now as old as the last two numbers in my birth year, see if you can do the math!

A time of reflection, looking back, looking ahead. As with most things, John Denver said it best...

I have to say it now
It's been a good life all in all
It's really fine
To have the chance to hang around
And lie there by the fire
And watch the evening tire
While all my friends and my old lady
Sit and watch the sun go down

And talk of poems and prayers and promises
And things that we believe in
How sweet it is to love someone
How right it is to care
How long its been since yesterday
What about tomorrow
What about our dreams
And all the memories we share


~lyrics Poems, Prayers, and Promises - music and lyrics by John Denver


5 comments:

June said...

Got it, but won't say in case someone else wants to play. Happy Birthday!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Got it, but I thought you were about the age of my twin daughters, who were born in 1960. We probably talked about it on that day we spent talking, but I had forgotten your age, and you definitely look younger than that! Happy Birthday, Susan!

smbnotes said...

I did the math--and I have you beat. In fact, I'll hit the big 6-0 this Sunday. My daughter just turned 30, so I think that makes me twice as smart as she is--right?? Happy Birthday to all the July people!

Rick said...

wow ...you look great for someone who is 78.....(snicker) ;-)HB!!!

Kerri said...

I don't mind having that song on my brain now as I get ready to turn in :) It's one of my favorites of his.
OK, we have it figured out. You're a young grandma :) Happy birthday! Your roadtrip sounds like lots of fun, and the beach...well....you know I'm envious :)