Friday, July 11, 2008

a good life all in all



Another birthay is here, I am now as old as the last two numbers in my birth year, see if you can do the math!

A time of reflection, looking back, looking ahead. As with most things, John Denver said it best...

I have to say it now
It's been a good life all in all
It's really fine
To have the chance to hang around
And lie there by the fire
And watch the evening tire
While all my friends and my old lady
Sit and watch the sun go down

And talk of poems and prayers and promises
And things that we believe in
How sweet it is to love someone
How right it is to care
How long its been since yesterday
What about tomorrow
What about our dreams
And all the memories we share


~lyrics Poems, Prayers, and Promises - music and lyrics by John Denver


spring