Monday, January 28, 2008

refresher course



Sunday dawned clear and not too cold, so I put on my new hiking shirt, jeans, and boots. Buddy soon took the hint and said, "Let me guess, you want to go somewhere, maybe hiking or geocaching?"

We headed over to Carter's Lake to find 3 geocaches there, but really just to get out into the sunshine and fresh air. We hiked the Amadahy Trail around the shoreline, the water and sky were clear and blue. We found this campground (pictured above) which is only accessible by hiking, biking, or boat.

It was very a peaceful and refreshing break, we only saw a few other people all day. Now I am ready to tackle another week of working inside, after I get over being sore from all that hiking!

8 comments:

dot said...

We drove thru there last year. I took a picture of a little island from way up high. I wonder if it's the same one in your picture. It's beautiful there.

June said...

Looks refreshing, indeed! Is this picture a new one or one from a previous visit? I ask because the water level looks OK.

June said...

Thanks for letting me know and for sending the other photo - though I did get depressed seeing the "so low" water level.

jellyhead said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

I love reading your blog.... it just exudes your enthusiasm for life!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, a North Georgia lake with water in it. Amazing!

andsewitis Holly said...

Beautiful picture, Susan. The potholders are awesome. I'm glad some things are still around from back in our day.
Don't really have a bucket list but would like to see the movie.

Kerri said...

I like your new shirt :) That sounds like an exhilarating way to spend the day!
The campground looks peaceful and pretty. Maybe a place for you and Buddy to keep in mind for a future quiet weekend? How are the mosquitoes in the warmer weather?
You have some great places for hiking and exploring down there.
Like June, I'm curious about the water levels. Is this a current photo?

Kirk M said...

Ahhh. I like the picture. At least not to see any snow on the ground and a water that's ice free.

We're a couple months away from that up here yet. Never thought I'd look forward to mud season but his year I seem to be.