Friday, October 12, 2007

friday collage


It was a one quilt night here, down to 41 - time to snuggle up! Speaking of snuggling up, for 37 years I have been sitting next to my husband in his truck, until now. Yesterday he traded trucks, this one has individual seats with a big console in the middle. After 37 years I am relegated to the window seat… it's the end of an era 'round here.


It is that time of year again, our town is gearing up for the annual Apple Festival. Signs are going up to direct traffic, crafters are coming into town from all over.

Locals are pulling out anything and everything they can sell - from homemade crafts to baked goods to yard sale stuff - and setting up on the side of the roads. Come on out and join us! (daughter Melissa's yard sale is next to Hudson's Apple house).


Where do these awards come from? Do bloggers just make them up? Sounds good to me! I received this Nice Matters award from Bonnie, thanks!

Since there is a cat pictured on the award, this one I am passing along to some blog friends with cats, all nice folks who take good care of their pets: Amy, Finn, Sandy, Holly, and Kerri.

So go and stick it on your blog and pay it forward because Nice Matters!



Has it been 10 years?

I've been lately thinking
About my life's time
All the things I've done
And how it's been
And I can't help believing
In my own mind
I know I'm gonna hate to see it end

lyrics from Poems, Prayers, and Promises by John Denver

~quilt photo from my yard in 2005


spring