Friday, October 12, 2007

friday collage


It was a one quilt night here, down to 41 - time to snuggle up! Speaking of snuggling up, for 37 years I have been sitting next to my husband in his truck, until now. Yesterday he traded trucks, this one has individual seats with a big console in the middle. After 37 years I am relegated to the window seat… it's the end of an era 'round here.


It is that time of year again, our town is gearing up for the annual Apple Festival. Signs are going up to direct traffic, crafters are coming into town from all over.

Locals are pulling out anything and everything they can sell - from homemade crafts to baked goods to yard sale stuff - and setting up on the side of the roads. Come on out and join us! (daughter Melissa's yard sale is next to Hudson's Apple house).


Where do these awards come from? Do bloggers just make them up? Sounds good to me! I received this Nice Matters award from Bonnie, thanks!

Since there is a cat pictured on the award, this one I am passing along to some blog friends with cats, all nice folks who take good care of their pets: Amy, Finn, Sandy, Holly, and Kerri.

So go and stick it on your blog and pay it forward because Nice Matters!



Has it been 10 years?

I've been lately thinking
About my life's time
All the things I've done
And how it's been
And I can't help believing
In my own mind
I know I'm gonna hate to see it end

lyrics from Poems, Prayers, and Promises by John Denver

~quilt photo from my yard in 2005


10 comments:

Sandy said...

Your quilts look so pretty hanging out between the trees to air out. Yes last night was a one quilt night here too with the temps dipping down to 41ºf.

That's a long time to snuggle next to hubby in the truck seat. I always loved those bench seats just for that purpose, as I'm a snuggler too.

Your daughter has the perfect site for a yard sale next to the Apple house. We're sponsoring one this weekend...well we are loaning our front yard and donating a few items to it. No ours isn't at the Apple Festival but right here at home.

Congrats on receiving the Nice Matters award, and thank you for passing it on to me and the other's with cats.

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks - love the quilts in the trees.
Yes, it has been 10 years, I saw him in one of his last concerts - he did one for charity regularly in Baltimore - The Orioles play his country boy song during every game - I was there when he was there, he got up on the dug out and sang along...

During my pre-formative years (7-10 grade) I lived near a small country town where the guys all drove trucks and the girls sat next to the guys. My PE teacher was married to the Art teacher... I don't recall the whole story, but it ended with her being the one who moved over - from the middle - the trucks still had benches.

Kerri said...

It was a chilly night here too, and this morning feels like winter, with a cold wind. I don't like it!
Your quilt picture is so pretty!
I'm chuckling about you being separated by the console after all those years of snuggling :)
The Apple Festival sounds like lots of fun.
Thanks for passing the award on to me. Choosing blog friends with cats is a cute idea :) Like you, I wonder where they all begin.
We were just listening to that song (and others of John's) while driving in the car on Wednesday. It's one of my (many) favorites of his. Amazing that it's been 10 years already. So sad to think of all the songs left unsung....

Motherkitty said...

Yes, fall is definitely in the air. I think I've seen that picture before of the quilts hanging out between the trees. It is gorgeous. The apple festival sounds like one I would really enjoy. We have a heritage festival and Christmas in Marion festival here and everyone comes out of the woodwork for one last hurrah before winter sets in. Fall decorations are abundant around town and people have gone crazy with all those blow-ups of pumpkins, ghosts, goblins, etc.

BTW, you are very nice and kind and you certainly deserve your Nice Matters award. (I don't think I've ever heard you say an unkind word on your blog in all the time I've been reading you.)

You have a great time at the apple festival. Wish I had a bushel of those beauties. I would make my blackbird pie.

June said...

Did I ever congratulate you on your "nice" award? If not, consider it done. I'm glad you passed it along to cat owners. For one thing, the award has a cat on it...and for another, cat owners take a lot of abuse from people who don't understand cats, so they need a stroke now and then!

Sounds like you're in for a weekend of fun. Enjoy!

Finn said...

Hi Susan, thank you for passing a 'nice matters' award on to myself and Ebby *VBS* We both appreciate it and will pay it forward to others *S*
Love the autumn pictures...the quilts look so wonderful there among the leaves.
Ah yes, John Denver, after all these years I still can't hear a phrase from "Gee it's good to be back home again"...is that 'Country Roads'...nope...don't think so, love them both. Very untimely, his death...he was my kind of guy, altho I didn't care for him divorcing Annie. Hard to believe it's been 10 years already. Take care of you, my snuggling friend, and have fun at the Apple Festival. Hugs, Finn

Michael Manning said...

I can't believe it! 10 years. He was a good guy!!

Byron Chesney said...

You know, it's funny. I never really considered myself a big John Denver fan but as I have gotten older I am amazed at how many of his songs have impacted my life. There is seldom a day goes by that I don't sing or hum one of his songs.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

The quilts hanging on the lines betweem the trees is beautiful!

Granny Fran said...

Thanks for that beautiful memorial to John Denver; I miss him so. A friend of ours, Robert Henderson, did the bronze bust of John that is in the Aspen airport.