Wednesday, September 19, 2007

back home again

Hey it’s good to be back home again
Sometimes this old house feels like a long-lost friend…



It sure is good to be back home again, this old house has been like a friend now for over 30 years.



I missed filling my flower boxes this year, and am considering getting some fall bloomers.


I missed sitting on the screened porch.



I missed my daily walk down the driveway to the mailbox.

It’s the sweetest thing I know of, just spending time with you
It’s the little things that make a house a home
Like a fire softly burnin’ supper on the stove
The light in your eyes that makes me warm

Hey it’s good to be back home again
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long-lost friend
Yes ’n’ hey, it’s good to be back home again


Back Home Again - words and music by John Denver

7 comments:

June said...

I can see why you missed it! What a charming setting. It feels like a warm and loving space.

Ava said...

Glad to have you back! What a lovely home! That walk down the road to get the mail must be the most wonderful thing. Your home and surroundings are beautiful!

jellyhead said...

There surely is no place like home .... but yours is also an especially beautiful home. Glad you're enjoying your red-roofed, forest-surrounded HOME!

LZ Blogger said...

Susie ~ It may be "This Ol' house" but, it sure is beautiful! And like my profile says; "There is NO PLACE like home!" ~ jb///

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ah yes, "Dorothy" said it best, "there's no place like home."

Kerri said...

I can imagine your joy at being in your beautiful home and surroundings once again.
I always love your gorgeous pictures.

Alice said...

I'm sure you holiday made you appreciate your beautiful home even more. What a lovely area you live in; a real soul-reviver.