Thursday, August 2, 2007

yard sale


Starting today!

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the World's Longest Yard Sale.

The route spans 630 miles and 5 states, August 2-5, 2007. The four-day event has been going on for two decades, created by Tennessee tourism officials and promoted by communities along the route, designed to pull drivers off interstates and onto the old federal highway to see some Southern sites.

The popular annual sale is heralded in local newspapers and even on HGTV.

I have never been a fan of yard sales, but this looks like it would be quite entertaining!

~pictures found here

5 comments:

Ava said...

All I can say is ... WOW!!

Hope that you have a great weekend! My plan is to get some rest!

The Calico Cat said...

I've never been a fan either, but that is probably because I never "scored." I saw someones photos from a yard sale - & there were handmade quilts being offered....

bluemountainmama said...

i am a yard sale junkie! we had a similar thing where we used to live along route 50......

Linda_J said...

I may be mistaken but I think that starts in Gadsden, AL which is about 30 miles from me? Maybe goes through Collinsville which has quite a reputation for Trade Days on Saturdays. Obviously I have never been either, LOL. Nor am I a native though I have lived here for 10 years.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

That yard sale ran in front of my church on Signal Mountain and, every year on that weekend's SUNDAY, cars would park in our church YARD, on the grass, until we started putting up yellow tape. People quit tearing up our grass, but then they took over our parking lot, making it really difficult for our folks to get to church that Sunday. It was hard to be sympathetic when they did that.

By the way, I have awarded you with a thoughtful blogger award on my Words from a Wordsmith page ... please drop by when you get a chance, and pick it up. May you long continue to blog thoughtfully!

~~~ Bonnie