Saturday, August 4, 2007

charming lil' quilt

I arrived home for the first time in 2 weeks and just look what was waiting on me! A package from RB & Rhapsody from the house of Calico Cat.

Inside was a darling little doll quilt, though the teddy bears have already claimed it, as you can see.

This is the result of a doll quilt swap I participated in last month, a lot of fun!

The top is made up of 2 inch charm squares in the middle, the colors are great, in fact groovy, as they remind me of the 70s (?). It is hand-quilted as you can better see here on the backside:


Thanks Amy!

(click on photos to enlarge)

7 comments:

janet said...

What a charming quilt. The photos aren't bad either. Love the lighting. How does one get a handmade baby quilt that's not having a baby?? Your not having a baby r u?

jellyhead said...

It's beautiful! I love the colours, too. What a thrill it must have been to open *that* package!

Alice said...

Such a sweet quilt. Perhaps I should start on something small like that, and leave the big ones for my daughter, Tanya.

Take care -
'Alice'

The Calico Cat said...

You are welcome.

Shelina said...

This is a great quilt, and what an adorable bear to claim it!

MARGO said...

GREAT QUILT WITH LOVELY COLORS.

Kerri said...

Cuter than cute! And the bear is adorable. What a lovely package to come home to and yes, very 70's colors. Love it!