Monday, July 23, 2007

summer reading

Is reading by the pool the same as reading by the fireplace? While catching up on your favorite authors, would you rather be catching some rays or curled up on the couch? Do you find that you read different things in summer than in winter?

No doubt the most popular place to read at our house is in bed just before falling to sleep. There are pros and cons to this, of course - it puts us to sleep, but we sometimes don't remember what we read.

On a lazy summer afternoon, here are some of my favorite places to read - on the screen porch, deck rocking chair, at the beach!

I have a list of books - books I have read read, books to read, favorite authors. I also go online to Fantastic Fiction to look up my favorite authors to see if they have anything new out.

My source of books is the local library, I have their website bookmarked, I can check to see what is there, renew books I have out.

Just yesterday at the library I found three books on my list, which is rare. What to do? I know I won't be able to read all three, but next time they might not be there… so here I am with lots to read.


Where is your favorite place to read? What is on your nightstand?

4 comments:

Motherkitty said...

What do I have on my dresser waiting to be read? A HUGE PILE OF BOOKS that I haven't been able to get into because we have been so busy with outside stuff, like gardening, swimming, and other outdoor projects.

Among the books waiting to be read include:

Stephen King: Cell
Stephen King: Lisey's Story
Elizabeth Young: Asking for Trouble
J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

My favorite place to read? In bed, of course, or in my La-Z-Boy where the light is good.

Hope you get to read yours soon.

jellyhead said...

Oh, I am just like you Susan, I LOVE to read.

You'll just have to abandon all housework until you get those new books read!

Kerri said...

If I didn't have so many gardens I'd have time to read...something other than blogs, that is.
I like to read in bed at night, or out on the deck in the summertime, with the hummers distracting me :)
That Mammoth Cave tour sounded like such fun and I love your poem about camping. Makes me want to go. I love campgrounds.

Southern Muse said...

I always read in bed. I've heard computer tech act like there's no need for books with computers around-- but somehow, curled up in bed, listening to a thunderstorm, and maybe a cup of hot chocolate on the nightstand-- there just doesn't seem to be a place in there for a PC. It's gotta be a book! Right now, I'm reading "Mason Jars in the Flood and Other Stories" by Gary Carden. it's a fun read. I found it by accident while searching the 'Net. I don't even remember what I was searching for!