Monday, July 2, 2007

rockin'


Rockin' chairs, rockin' babies, rock-a-bye, rock of ages
Side by side we'll be together always
And if you'll hold me tight when you love me
That's all I'll ask of you
And I'll stand by you thru our rockin' years


I have been tagged by Bonnie as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. Bonnie kindly said:

"Susan is a poet, photographer, thinker, writer, grandmother, nature lover. I'm finding more and more to like about her as we email back and forth and comment on each other's blogs. This lady rocks!"

Me rock? Cool! Thanks Bonnie.


In turn, I will pass this honor on to some of my favorite blog reads:

Jelly at Jellyhead Rambles is a doctor in Australia with funny stories about her husband Fatty, two kids, and the wildlife on her Mum's farm. She was recently overheard saying: I know I should yearn for world peace, but inwardly I'm always dreaming of having taut thighs.

Sandy at Abandoned in Pasedena is a grandmother and greatgrandmother in Kentucky who likes to ride her motorcycle. Sandy's motto is: ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD ONE!

Janet at Life in Westcliffe - A visit to Janet's blog is worth it for the beautiful pictures of Colorado, she is a champion for the environment and other causes, she recently donated her long hair to Locks of Love and helped clean up a hiking trail.

Finn at Pieces from my Scrapbag - Finn lives in Wisconsin and creates beautiful quilts, but her stories and thoughts on life are her real works of art: I have come to believe that life is much like a quilt. As the Quiltmaker, you are given pieces to work with. How you view them, and how you choose to use them is up to you.

~photo of our deck September 2006
~lyrics of Rockin' Years by Dolly Parton

spring