Tuesday, June 26, 2007

new digs


Sarah (granddaughter) just returned home to find a newly decorated room! Before leaving for her other parents' house for a month, she dropped some hints (including a magazine picture) of a birthday wish for a new room decor.

That's all it took for mom Melissa and aunt Carrie to pick up the paintbrushes and get to work, changing a red and white oriental room to a cool surfer pad.

The smile on Sarah's face was worth it!

More pictures of the work crew and finished room here. It looks like everyone had a blast!

2 comments:

colleen said...

Looks like she's juggling the lights.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Nice looking room ... and smile.

Sorry, Susan, I somehow overlooked your comment about a book on my Something About Me challenge post (which I also answered there). No, the store where I used to work in Trenton, Georgia, is no longer in business.

However, the very BEST bookstore in Chattanooga for rare and out-of-print books is A Novel Idea at 38 Frazier Avenue on the North Shore. Karen, the owner, recommended John Dunning's Booked to Die and, when I asked, said this IS the sort of thing she does, going out to evaulate books and make an offer on them. I'm posting here so you can check out this great little shop. Tell Karen I sent you!