Thursday, March 8, 2007

a walk in the park





I found local Camp Jordan Park a couple of miles away. I tried out the two mile walking track one afternoon, watched the ducks in the pond for a while. Sometimes you just gotta get outside.

There are three geocaches located in the park, that is how I found it in the first place. Yesterday Buddy and I went to find the caches, and found another walking trail through the woods. A beautiful sunny day to be outside!

We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down. ~Robert Sweetgall

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-three today and we don't know where the hell she is. ~Ellen DeGeneres

8 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

O.K. you have only mentioned them since your begining of blogging & I have felt like & idiot & tried to figure it out, etc. I am finally ready to ask....

What is Geocaching?

bluemountainmama said...

is that near your "home away from home" ? i love these types of parks...they are my favorite places to walk. tracks are so boring. great photos! you are definitely farther along in spring than we are!

susan said...

Amy: A worldwide game/adventure hunt using GPS units to find hidden caches (container of stuff). The GPS (global positioning system) handheld unit has coordinates (longitude and latitude) for the cache you are searching for, and you go find it.

Anyone can put out a cache - a great way to bring folks to a scenic site, and anyone can find a cache. Once found, sign the log book, take something, leave something, go home and log it on the website.

We put one at the waterfalls on our property - this is the link.

bluemountain - yes, home away from home!

Janet C. said...

Calico, thanks for asking. I didn't know either.

Susan that is so cool to do that. I'll be checking it out. Boy do I have places to hide things! Oh I love Ellens comment, wish my mom walked! Kidding :)

Motherkitty said...

Looks like spring is coming early to your neck of the woods. We've noticed the signs here and are anxious to start working out in the yard. Squish, squish. That's the sound of our feet sinking ankle-deep into soft soil. So, I guess our yard work will have to wait a bit.

Finn said...

Hi Susan, *VBS* love the pictures...so nice to see something resembling springtime. We just have sunshine and snowbanks! And from your post below..thank you for reminding me about Webshots. They are one of my very first connections on the web, and since blogging, I tend to forget to check over there..now I will again..*VBS* Love the maple leaves completed....a lovely, personal quilt...*VBS* Great job! Hugs, Finn

Michael Manning said...

These photos took me back to my elementary school where such photos could be taken. NIce memories!

Tom Atkins said...

Looks like spring is near down there! Great shots!

Tom