Monday, November 27, 2006

being there



Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize.
Indulge in monumental sulks,
in huffs, in snide remarks.
Borrow.
Break.
Monopolize the bathroom.
Are always underfoot.
But if catastrophe should strike,
sisters are there.
Defending you against all comers.
~Pam Brown

I always wanted a sister. Someone to play with, hang out, talk to, go shopping. I am glad my girls each have a sister. Growing up, they did (and do) all those things listed above. I am proud of them for looking out for and taking care of each other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls. Wish my son could have had a brother or sister. I feel sometimes I cheated him. It wasn't to be not that I didn't at one time want it to happen.

Motherkitty said...

I have an older sister who tormented me as a child (thus my lifelong aversion to bugs, worms, and snakes). Now that we are older, and our parents are gone, we rely on each other and talk several times a day. Yes, I wish you had a sister, but your daughters are lucky beyond belief. They are beautiful also!

Actually, you are the lucky one.

bluemountainmama said...

i'm very grateful for my sisters and realize how lucky i am. i hate that my son is an only child. and re: sweet potato pie- my mom made that sometimes, but we have a family recipe for sweet potato casserole that's like a dessert with a streusel topping that we always make. my sis made a sweet potato pie this year for her family dinner and said it was very good!

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I didn't have a sister either Susan but my daughters do. I wish I would have had another boy so that my son would have had a brother.

Your girls are beautiful.

doubleknot said...

Your girls are beautiful they must be smart because I haven't seen many kids that age wanting to play scrabble. I have three sisters but one that has the same interests as me that lives close by and it is always fun to be with her.