Thursday, August 10, 2006

back to civilization

The last night of our vacation, we eased back into civilization by staying at St. Andrews State Park in Panama City, Florida. Comparing it to St. Joseph's where we had just spent several days, the campground here was a lot more crowded, and of course lots of traffic getting into the city. The beach was just as nice as St. Joseph's, but was too far from the campground to walk. We did get to eat out at Captain Anderson's Seafood!

The campsite was on the bay, and we discovered this sailboat grounded at our campsite, it looked like it had been there quite a while.

Well, the vacation is over, back to work. I have tried to drag it out as long as possible, don't you just love looking at other folks' vacation photos? Well, good, cause there's some more to see at webshots.

7 comments:

John Cowart said...

we've only been to Port St. Joe twice but seeing your webshots photo collection make me feel homesick.

doubleknot said...

Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Your pictures are great. I have been to St. Joe a few times and even over to St. Vincent Island.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

I've never been to either place, but after seeing your vacation pictures on web shots (?) I'd like to go. They look like great places to vacation at and you made it all sound so romantic. I loved your sunset pictures too...they're beautiful (or they may be sunrise).

Tammy said...

Hey Susan...I see you've been to the Gulf...Lucky, Lucky girl!! They would have to drag me back home!!
I loved your shots of the shore...I've got a new camera and can't wait to use it for something like this!!!
:-D

susan said...

AIP - the pics are all sunsets, the beach faced west! Sounds like a good bike trip for you.

Seeing Anew said...

I love beached boat scenes! There is something very evocative about them -- a great mix of the sense of adventure combined with the comfort of being home.

TUFFENUF said...

Very nice photos, I enjoyed them and now I long to hitch up the trailer and get going! You seem to go on a lot of trips, that is nice for you! A neat place to go is the Skyway bridge between Pinellas & Manatee counties. You may camp on the bridge for $10. a night (primitive). It is nice to fish from the bridge with your rig right there.