Sunday, March 12, 2006

weekend outdoors



twins








the bill of sale says it is a truck...





before


after


Look, my weeping willow is putting out leaves!

Gramma Susan, you don’t have a weeping willow tree.

Yes I do, Sarah, it's right here.

But it doesn't weep.


Ahh! So it doesn't. Leave it to the kids to set me straight!

Did I tell the nursery guy I wanted a willow tree or did I specify weeping willow? Maybe that's why he gave me such a good deal on it, mmm. Or maybe it is just too young to weep yet, maybe soon the weight of the world (or its heavy branches) will cause it to weep. For now, it is young and reaching for the sky.

4 comments:

Motherkitty said...

Looks like somebody's been ambitious this weekend. I'm sure you can't wait to see how all these plants and trees will look when they bloom and bud out. Loved the pictures.

Peggy said...

found your blog from Finn's glad I did! will be back to visit again

doubleknot said...

If it is a true weeping willow it will have to get older and the branches longer and heavier before it weeps. I couldn't get one to grow down here but had the next best thing - a weeping elm. Till I saw that little stick at the nursery I never knew such a thing exsited. It took it a while but it wept all over it's space in the yard.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

Our weeping willow weeped right from the start...maybe the location has something to do with it?

My jeep title says it's a truck too. Go figure.

I love your pictures...your little twin flowers are very pretty and so is your home.