Monday, January 23, 2006

New wheels

My OLD car was just 10 years old
And had over 155,000 miles
The doors wouldn’t lock when you wanted them to
The mirrors wouldn’t adjust any more -
well they did the old-fashioned way,
by rolling down the window going 60 mph,
and pushing/pulling it and saying 'how's that?'

The window leaked -
just on the passenger side
The same window would go down all the way -
if you had all day
The tires were out of round and went
bump bump bump
The steering was too sensitive, making for
some swervy rides
The brake light came on when going around curves
(until I put in some brake fluid)

But it was paid for
and it ran fine . . .

Until the other day
when I missed my
grandkids' basketball game
because the engine was
Smokin'

Like the salesman said yesterday
when we went to trade,
'Looks like y'all got the good
outta this one!'

We test drove the RED one
and the salesman went to check on other colors, but
I told him never mind about that -
I LIKE the RED one!

spring