Friday, December 9, 2005

Beary Christmas

Last week, Buddy came home with 7 little teddy bears for me, complete with knitted sweaters and toboggans. Then the next day, Carrie gave me two Christmas teddy bears she bought for a March of Dimes fundraiser, and also a big Christmas bear she got while out shopping. They were all so cute, I decided to decorate the tree with them, along with some other bears who live here. I brought out Aunt Bess's quilt that I use every year for a tree skirt, I am not sure if it was originally meant to be a Christmas quilt, but it is backed with green and has red strips between the blocks, so it is very Christmasy.





It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Buddy wrote his 16th annual Christmas letter last night, one more thing to check off the list. I am very late this year, and have not even started shopping yet. I plan to jump into the crowds this weekend and hope to get a lot accomplished! I have lots of ideas for homemade gifts, and have even started a couple, time will tell how many I get made. With just 2 weeks to go, I better get busy!

7 comments:

Motherkitty said...

Lovely tree. You're a step ahead of us. Husband NEVER puts the decorations up until the week before Christmas. I had a friend at work who collected bears, mostly Beanies. She had boxes of them. I don't know if she used them as beautifully as you did in your decorations.

Finn said...

Love the look of your tree! And the quilt as a tree skirt is a perfect way to use it and let others enjoy it too. The bears are just so homey! I like that idea. What a coincidence to have two people bring bears in the same week...*VBS*

Thank you for you kind comments over at my place...the card tricks block is an easy one, with 4.5" pieces. Goes together quickly and looks like more work than it is. I hope you do make one if the spirit moves you..*VBS*

jellyhead said...

Your Christmas tree is truly a sight to behold! - GORGEOUS! I love the use of the teddy bears, too, for something a little different.

Hope you have a successful shopping weekend!

abe/happy said...

Your tree light reflecting in the window make it look like snow :-) Very beautiful

doubleknot said...

I am going to try and cover several of your posts with this one - your granddaughter is beautiful and looks like she has a bright future. The pictures you took are lovely. The stockings are really nice and the bear tree - great.
My room mate had an accident at work and that is why I haven't been posting anything.

Tracey said...

Oh, you're tree just looks SO beautiful. Gives a gal that warm and fuzzy feeling just looking at it. :o) I especially love that quilt underneath it.
Your grandchildren are just beautiful as well. You are truly blessed!

Seeing Anew said...

Looks like it will be a cozy beautiful Christmas at your house! I love it that some of the bears came with their own tobaggons! I also appreciated your thoughts on "photos of the year" and it made me very grateful for photoblogs like yours -- that show warm home life, family joys, & the beauty in simple things. Not newsworthy enough for Time or Newsweek perhaps, but a much needed balance to all the news we are bombarded with.