Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mountain views

After cooking for two days and eating way too much for Thanksgiving, plus eating leftovers for two days, just had to get out and enjoy this beautiful day. Took the jeep out to a newly opened forest service road in nearby Rich Mountain Wildlife Management Area. The views were great of the nearby mountains. Lots of hunters were out enjoying the area, also. We saw a bear being weighed in at the local ranger station. We hiked about 2 miles, much needed after the recent dinner! We met some fellow geocachers and found some caches out in the mountains together. Saw some snow in the higher elevations.

Good time, fresh air, beautiful views. A great day.

4 comments:

ms*robyn said...

Hello Susan - I found your blog through Alice's -a growing delight. Just thought I would pop in and say hi and now I am off to read your blog

jellyhead said...

What spectular scenery. It must have been good after lots of indoor, food-consuming festivities to get out in the great outdoors.

Motherkitty said...

Hi, Susan. Glad you had such a nice holiday, especially one without having to bring gifts, as you wrote. You are so lucky to live in a place with such glorious scenery. I envy your ability to hike for long distances.

doubleknot said...

What wonderful pictures. My daughter who lives in Georgia and her husband geocach also and my son-in-law makes maps and does orientering - and that is just a hobby.
Sounds strange to hear about them weighing in a bear as ours down here are protected there are so few of them.

If my father had not died when he did my parents would have celebrated their 50th wedding aniversary in just a few months.

Beautiful quilt. You are blessed to be in such a wonderful family. My room mate's family has sort of taken me on also and are all very kind to me because I help him keep going in the right direction most of the time. We are more companions then anything else.

Glad you had a nice holiday. Glad someone else agrees with me about the shopping. I buy on line for books and things I can't find in the stores. Love it.