Wednesday, August 21, 2019

deconstruction


Have you ever wanted to take something apart just to see how it was put together? No, me either.

But I did. Well not just to see how it was put together, but to change some things about it and then put it back together. I worried about it. It was daunting. I was nervous. What if it didn't go back together like it should?

But I jumped in and started deconstructing this thing layer by layer, and discovered it was just a dress, albeit a 4 layered compilation of lace and sheer and lining and another lining, and zipper and hooks and straps, destined for a bride in a month... Oh My. 

So now it is laying in my sewing room floor in 3 pieces, like a patient in pre-op waiting for surgery, the scissors are poised to make the cut that will change it forever. Deep breath. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck :)

Layer by layer, one thing at a time. {bird by bird  ~Anne Lamott}



spring