Friday, March 31, 2017

a good day


On my calendar I have a reminder of pending items, the most prominent of which is the IRS audit which started in August of last year. Every time I think of it or see that reminder it stresses me out. 

On top of that, it is tax time again and I have been working on the 4 returns we have to file this year - federal, Georgia. Louisiana, and Mississippi.

Last August, using the better part of a ream of copy paper and a couple of ink cartridges, I sent them a 2" stack of all of our 2014 transactions, and have been worrying about it for 8 months now. 

The wait is finally over with a letter received yesterday stating, "We are pleased to tell you that after further review of your tax return for the above periods, we have accepted them as filed."

Thank you so much to the mail lady (a.k.a. Melissa) for calling me with the news!

Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. ~Benjamin Franklin 1789

spring