Monday, July 11, 2016

choose life


"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain. . . To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices—today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."  ~Kevyn Aucoin


words of wisdom on my birthday - from Patti Digh's Your Daily Rock:

I heard someone once say "I've decided to be happy in advance," and I've lived by that approach ever since, knowing I have a choice to choose happy, or not 
What are the patterns of how I define life? As full of possibility, as full of joy and relationship and a light that I can know because I also know great darkness. What she chooses is always dark, blame, woe, hardship, and joylessness. 
We are choosing daily. Not by ignoring circumstances that are hateful or hard, but by embracing them as part of life, not as all of life. 
Morning: Choose joy and happiness today. See what happens. 
Evening: Know each morning that you are completely in charge, not of your circumstance always, but of how you are in that circumstance. 
Choose life. ~Patti Digh
July 11

spring