Sunday, March 8, 2015

making a sandwich


making a sandwich
a quilt sandwich that is
lining - batting - top
spray in between 
and voila 
a quilt sandwich
ready to sew


No, it is not warm enough to open the windows but the spray might make me more loopy than usual? so window open, fan on.

I am not a fan of safety pin basting, so I use the handy dandy 505 spray baste, quick and easy.

Always when I sew on Sunday I am reminded of my mom saying not to, something about having to pick out the stitches when I get to heaven.

I think heaven has a lot more to worry about than my sewing on Sunday.

I just finished the book: Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo

Wow, if this book is for real it is amazing. A true story, written by his dad, the young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven.

If I have a near death experience I will remember to check on the sewing on Sunday rules before I get back to earth, I'll let y'all know.


3 comments:

Terri said...

I hate to burst your bubble, but hubby just read in the paper that the boy who went to heaven just recanted his story. It could be because his family isn't getting the residuals they are supposed to get... is what the article intimated. I'd like the story to be real, and who knows, just because he didn't experience it doesn't mean the rest of it isn't real.
Hugs

Gypsy Quilter said...

Very pretty colors. I need to set my table up on the front porch and spray baste a few tops too. Happy sewing.

Chez Vies said...

Pretty colors indeed. Lol that about sewing on Sunday. But sewing on Sunday always disaster for me cos the kids are at home and they are my major distraction 😁