Tuesday, March 31, 2015

creamsicle


Lion Brand Pound of Love in Creamsicle.

I know, a baby blanket? Seriously? No there is no news to share, just idle hands.

Once again my friend Paula had a great idea that I just had to try. You know the cotton knitted dishcloth pattern? Well Paula used that pattern and instead of stopping at an 8" dishcloth size she just kept on going, to 32 x 32 baby blanket size. Since that dishcloth pattern is my favorite thing to knit, and since I found this soft yarn with this yummy name - creamsicle - well I just had to try it.

Paula knits very fast and donates a lot of handmade blankets etc. to Project Linus: Mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”

Now I on the other hand knit slow and will be doing good to get this done in time for some actual babies to arrive around here.

Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

I will hurry and get it done and donate it pronto, so as to head off anything of the sort.


spring