Wednesday, February 5, 2014

the back side



quilt backing - why is it so hard to choose the right one?

I feel like I spend more time looking for a backing fabric than I do making the quilt! Why is that? Does anyone else do that? It's just the back, why do I care?

This scrappy quilt turned out so bright and dark that I thought I wanted a light backing. I auditioned different colors, patterns, I thought about piecing a back, making a reversible quilt, looked at sheets, nothing spoke to me. I was about to give up and put it back in the UFO box when I said, just do it - go to the quilt shop and ask for help. 

I walked in and said, "I need professional help!"  

The ladies took one look and said. "Of course you want to go with black and we have some in 108" width." 

Okie dokie, whatever you ladies say, you are the experts. Two yards at 108", no seams to sew, no piecing, no brainer. Thanks, ladies at Quilt Shop on Main in Jasper.



spring