Tuesday, September 24, 2013

way over the hill


On Sunday at our house we celebrated a milestone, Buddy's 60th birthday! Wow, the birthdays are coming faster each year. 





 Thanks to our own über party planner Melissa for all the good stuff, like

vintage stuff from the 50s: slinky, barrel of monkeys, skateboard, matchbox cars, playdoh, Yahtzee, Frisbee, Pez

and things that Buddy used to have like a wind up wooden airplane and a model of his red dune buggy

and practical things like Just For Men, Grecian Formula, Depends



and his very own customized Life Alert 


his longstanding minion status is now official, thanks to this personalized card from Carrie


lots of birthday wishes and cards and even special birthday mail from one of his favorite campgrounds:

I was sent to Elberton, Georgia to build a bank, so I went online to find a campground. I found one close by that sounded great, was by a river, quiet, I was about to call them when I read a little further {men preferred, clothing optional}. I still get kidded about that by the folks at the office.



the elusive tutu picture was represented by this one, not Buddy, but we got to hear the story…

Two mama used to sew for people, that is what she did. She was making a tutu for this little girl and she needed someone to try it on. I happened to be about the right size and she convinced me, but of course Daddy was right there to snap my picture. That picture is hidden away and only I know where it is!


A great time, food and drinks and cake and decorations and family! 


spring