Saturday, September 8, 2012

Waterton Lakes NP



Prince of Wales Hotel



Prince of Wales Hotel view from lobby/dining room


Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - adjoining sister park to America's Glacier National Park. The focal point is the beautiful lake of course but the crowning glory is the Prince of Wales Hotel built in 1926-1927. There is a quaint little town site and several scenic drives to see waterfalls and canyons.

picture album HERE

Wild West Road Trip - day 14
miles today 143/total miles 3161
St. Mary Campground
Glacier National Park, MT
temp lo 30/hi 73
elevation 4199 at Waterton Lakes



4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohhh my goodness. I can't believe you get to see this lovely local. When I worked for Osborne Incentive Travel, I tried to convince my boss that we needed a group trip to this hotel. Lucky, lucky you!

Linda Jimerson said...

That is stunning, stunning view! Wow is all I can say.

Barbara Emma Morey said...

Susan, your photos are amazing. I need to catch up on all you've done. Now that fall is coming I'll have the chance to do that. I see you're still traveling around and seeing some amazing sites.

waterton lakes national park said...

This is wonderful place, Very natural and attractive.Awesome photo’s and thanks a lot for sharing this useful information.Waterton Lakes National Park is a national park located in southwest corner of Alberta, Canada.There are many waterton lake dining options to choose from in waterton lakes.