Thursday, February 9, 2012

eerily quiet

OCMD moon

This summer town is eerily quiet, the 8 lane road out front is empty, many local restaurants are dark and appear to be hunkered down for a long cold winter. The full moon hangs ominously outside our window.

Staying in this big hotel, I think we are the only ones here. The parking deck is empty except for our truck and one other truck - the man working on the pool.

The lobby is usually empty, no one at the check in desk, the gift shop is closed, the restaurant is closed. The advertised 'indoor heated pool' is empty, the pool chairs and tables and everything there is covered in cloth drapes.

I will see an occasional maid or maintenance person, and they stop what they are doing and look at me strangely, like who is she and why is she here?

The hallways are long and empty, I keep watching for little children to appear, for some reason I want to ride down the hall on a bigwheel.

And I have a strange desire to watch a Stephen King movie...




spring