Friday, January 6, 2012

thank you amazon


I love my Kindle. I read over 60 books in 2011, all on the Kindle. Being kind of on vacation for the last 4 months, I have enjoyed reading a lot.


Right now I am reading Stephen King's 11/22/63:


On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed. What if you could change it back? Stephen King’s heart-stoppingly dramatic new novel is about a man who travels back in time to prevent the JFK assassination—a thousand page tour de force.



There are lots and lots of free books available for Kindle, from Amazon and lots of other places including the public library.

Websites and blogs keep up with these freebies, like:

Free Kindle Books and Tips

and

Pixel of Ink



I love Amazon

Not only the prices and selection of almost anything you would want for general shopping and gift giving throughout the year, the free shipping, but the thing I love most is their memory, so I want to take this opportunity to say

Thank You Amazon

From all of us memory-challenged individuals who try to purchase a kindle book (because it is free today) and get a message across the top of the screen:

Instant Order Update. You purchased this item on December 23, 2011.

Or what they really mean to say - you already have this one dummy!


spring