Tuesday, September 21, 2010

tee time

t-shirt quilt
T-shirt quilts - it is time to start thinking seriously about making these since we have one granddaughter in 11th grade, so I sent out this email to all the kids:

T-shirt quilt - a quilt made up of all your old favorite t-shirts from growing up, school, sports, etc.

If anyone is interested in having one of these, I am interested in making it! So gather up all your old tees and check out the pictures attached, or look at these many Google images. Or come up with your own design!

I originally found the idea many years ago when reading about a mother making one for each of her kids to take to college, so that is a good goal to work toward and gives me some time and gives you some time to start saving shirts if you haven't yet.

Sarah is the first to graduate in this generation and she says she already has lots of tees, so hers will be the first project, Sarah - let me know what you want yours to look like. I have some purple/white plaid flannel for the back unless you want something else, all things are possible!

Melissa and Carrie already have one, so the rest of you let me know what you think (actually Carrie says wants another one - she is calling it her 10th year reunion quilt).


It looks like my work is cut out for me, with 4 grandkids graduating in these years, 2011, 2012, and 2 in 2015!



spring